Thoughtful Resolution of Intellectual Property Appropriation
A quick follow-up on my post from earlier in the week on my Flickr image turning up on Chron.com:
Yesterday morning (via some suggestions from Alex Howard on Twitter and friends and family on Facebook), I got connected with Dean Betz, the Director of Content for the Houston Chronicle online. Dean has turned this into a learning opportunity for his staff, and has been candid with me about how events unfolded. Suffice to say that I am really impressed with his response thus far, particularly his decision to handle this as a teachable moment. He’s planning to post an explanation here, in his own words, of what happened and how he’s handled it.
- Theft of My Intellectual Property I find myself in a bit of an odd...
- Better Ways to Share Documents (than Email Attachments)
- Review of OpenText Social Workplace
- Whining to Protect My Copyright
- Is robots.txt a legally binding document?
- A Fairly Usable Framework for Fair Use
- Flickr Filename to URL Converter
- Photo Portfolios on Flickr
- Theft of My Intellectual Property
- Blogs as Portfolios
- Developing an "Expert Plan"